We have now complete 7 weeks of our mission and it seems
like we just left Placerville,
but then when we think of our family and it seems like it has been such a long
time. We can see the little ones
changing and growing up right before our eyes.
We just hope they will remember us when we get home.
I am still working 6 hours a day 5 days a week in the
gardens. I was talking with my neighbor
who did the gardens last year and she said our crew is something
remarkable. What we did last week, their
crew hadn’t even got to this point until the middle of June. We completely took 3 homes ( 1 acre each) and
weeded, pruned trees, formed hedges out of wild bushes; I took before and after
pictures so there was proof of what we did.
I have nicknamed our crew the “Magnificent 7”. We had one sister drop out as it was too hard
of work for her. She probably weighed 95
lbs socking wet and she just was not strong enough. I am hoping I am loosing weight as my shoes
are so loose on me. That is the first
place I lose weight and then it is my face.
The stomach is still there but the jeans are falling off of me. Can’t find old lady jeans that go up to the
waist. These mid drift jeans don’t
work.
Our plays are so much better as time goes on. The director keeps asking Jonny if he is
ready for a speaking part and he keeps telling her he is perfectly happy
pulling the curtain. We have a big time
director from Salt
Lake here to critique our
performances. He told our director that
one of the other casts had the best curtain puller, now the competition is on
from Jonny to be the best curtain puller.
The narrator for the play has a very bad back and it takes him a while
to get off the stage. Jonny thinks that
is why he wasn’t the best. Jonny doesn’t
go to the green room for warm up practice but stays upstairs meeting and
greeting the visitors. He is really good
at this and no one so far has missed him at practice. One funny thing happened after the show the
other night, Jonny was talking to a young boy about 12 years old and asked him
what he thought of the play, he said “ I was really impressed with the make up
on all the performers, I didn’t know they could make so many people look
old. Little did he know we don’t have
stage make up on – and we are naturally OLD!!!
I probably would have hit the boy when he said that.
The weather here changes hourly, it can be
lightning/thundering one minute and the sun shines a little later. They do have some great thunder storms
here. The weather is still very cool
and it looks like it will be raining
most of the week. Hopefully we won’t
have to work out in the rain. Most of
the flowers we have transplanted are now big enough to be put into pots. I guess from what people tells us that these
pots are absolutely gorgeous and they are planted on the Main Street in front of all of the
buildings downtown. We went to a civil
war reenactment yesterday in Keokuk Iowa I have never seen one of these and it was
very realistic. They shoot off the big
cannons and rifles and every time the cannon went off I jumped and people
around us would laugh at me. I was also
in a frying pan toss. I let go of the
pan too soon and it flew up in the air really high but that is not how it was
measured. They measured it by where it
lands. One lady threw the pan side armed
and it landed on the cement stage and broke in half. She was so embarrassed, Glad it wasn’t
me. Well its time for bed so I’ll sign
off for now. Love to all of you and we
will see you soon???
Love, Carole and Jonny
No comments:
Post a Comment