I was so worried about going to the MTC but what a wonderful experience it has been. We are with people who are our age and are being taught by 20 + year old kids. They are so kind to us and even laugh at Jonny's jokes.
Could someone please tell Shauna Morris I see her son every day and he always has a smile on his face. Maybe that is because we are in the cafeteria and we are going for the ice cream!!!
Jonny has been made the district leader and there are 8 of us in our little district. We have Elder and Sister Meng (former Stake President and they are going to Russia), also in our group are 2 single sisters, Sister Bennett from St. George (she is Japanese) and Sister Elia (from Molokai) and a former mission President Elder and Sister Austuai from Washington. We are all going to Nauvoo,
We are being taught just like the young missionaries on how to teacher investigators. We had to give our first lesson today to a non member. It went very well plus it was being on a close circuit tv in another room. When we were all done the teacher then came back and gave us some tips as how to improve out teaching skills. We just had one to improve on and she said we did an excellent job. Of course we didn't think so.
We have a beautiful room which looks directly on the Provo Temple, It stays lit all night so if I keep the curtains open it is like a night light. It is so beautiful and very calming to look at.
We are able to leave every night and on the weekend we don't have any classes so we can be gone from Friday night until Monday morning. I think we will just stay locally as I love my bed and don't want to back up all my stuff for just a weekend. I would like to go up to Logan and see some family but not sure if we will, it just depends on the weather.
One more bit of information, there were 82 senior missionaries in our group and about 60 of them are going to Nauvoo. Last week there was a big group here that was also going to Nauvoo. Many of them were teamsters. They left today so now the only senior missionaries here are the 82 of us that arrived on Monday. We will be here until next Wednesday. On Monday more senior missionaries will arrive. Its amazing how well all of this is handled. Yes I wouldn't mind working here in the office but I would have to live here, so that won't happen.
I love your updates, Carole! It sounds like you're having an amazing MTC experience! We are so happy for you!
ReplyDelete